The famous Gävle goat from Gävle, Sweden has survived to Christmas eve. The tradition in Sweden has been to erect a Christmas goat and the corresponding tradition for the youth of Gävle has been to light it on fire before Christmas eve (when Swedes celebrate Christmas). The past several years, the goat has been treated with flame retardant, yet the youth have prevaled. Somehow this year, the goat has survived. More info is at http://www.visitgavle.se/sv/gavlebocken
- International Aquavit Competition June 4, 2016
- Crayfest was a HUGE hit!
- Crayfest is near!
- Crayfest 2015 – the Urban Kräftskiva! August 22
- 121st Annual Midsummer Celebration June 20th, 2015
- Oldest Midsummer Celebration in USA Saturday 6/20/15
- Jenny Lind Concert – Thursday June 18th, 2015
- Sweden’s National Day June 6, 2015
- Memories & Memorabilia: Sweden at PPIE 1915
- Greta Garbo in Flesh and the Devil
- Jesper Arin in Jesper Guillou’s Evil
- August Nordin, San Francisco Master Architect, and his masterpiece: the Swedish American Hall
- Jennie and Mark Walstrom: Skåda Uppå Liljorna
- Official Rules First International Aquavit (Akvavit) Competition 2015
- Mini Symposium on Swedish Immigration and the Pan Pacific International Exposition of 1915 – Swedish American Hall – SF