Gifted Bay Area musicians Jennie and Mark Walstrom played beautiful Swedish music at Nordic House in support of their recently released CD Skåda Uppå Liljorna. Jennie has an amazing clear and beautiful voice. both play nyckelharpa, and Mark plays a number of other instruments including sackpipa (Swedish bagpipes), mandolin and guitar. Their music magically transports you back in time to a Swedish countryside, perhaps to dance at the edge of a forest. Once in Sweden, their magic continues and between the songs and Mark’s introduction of them, you get to meet famous musicians, recall unrequited love and learn about Swedish culture. Check www.mwalstrom.com for possible shows or to purchase the CD. This CD is way cheaper than a trip to Sweden and much easier to manage than time-travel. Skål!
- International Aquavit Competition June 4, 2016
- Crayfest was a HUGE hit!
- Crayfest is near!
- Crayfest 2015 – the Urban Kräftskiva! August 22
- 121st Annual Midsummer Celebration June 20th, 2015
- Oldest Midsummer Celebration in USA Saturday 6/20/15
- Jenny Lind Concert – Thursday June 18th, 2015
- Sweden’s National Day June 6, 2015
- Memories & Memorabilia: Sweden at PPIE 1915
- Greta Garbo in Flesh and the Devil
- Jesper Arin in Jesper Guillou’s Evil
- August Nordin, San Francisco Master Architect, and his masterpiece: the Swedish American Hall
- Jennie and Mark Walstrom: Skåda Uppå Liljorna
- Official Rules First International Aquavit (Akvavit) Competition 2015
- Mini Symposium on Swedish Immigration and the Pan Pacific International Exposition of 1915 – Swedish American Hall – SF